Five Tips to Approach a Steady String of Smaller, More Frequent M&A Deals
More Frequent Means Faster – So Get Ready!
Traditionally known as string-of-pearl or bolt-on deals, smaller, more frequent M&A deals are trending.
Studies show that although global M&A deal volume is in decline overall, smaller deals have rebounded. This trend is expected to continue through 2023.
To capture value, companies adopting this strategy must quickly master due diligence and post-merger integration capabilities. It requires a repeatable approach that establishes a foundation for a steady flow of quick wins. The approach has to balance persistence with flexibility to accommodate unique differences across deals.
Five Tips to Approach Frequent Deals
- Align around a vision – Craft and socialize a vision for the new organization that people can get behind.
- Use pre-built tools – Use project plan and digital playbook templates to facilitate rapid implementation of activities and development of information.
- Plan for talent retention – Develop a compelling value proposition for acquired company employees to remain over the long-term.
- Foster culture innovation– Expect some uncertainty among employees during integration and be open to new ways of working.
- Learn, learn, learn – Identify metrics for success, establish feedback channels, and implement best practices as you go.
Learn how Optia helped a company streamline mergers and acquisitions as part of their strategy for rapid market expansion.