Three Essential Pillars for a Best Practices Playbook
Content is King—But Needs Support!
The saying that “content is king” is only true for best practices that are highly organized, trusted, and immediately available. A digital playbook built upon a well-designed architecture, collaborative content development, and strategic delivery provides three supporting pillars for your best practices to be adopted.
The Three Pillars: Architecture, Collaboration, Delivery
- Provide a consistent visual structure that is easy to navigate and supports a logical progression through the content.
- Identify the types of information you will include for each best practice (for example, processes, methods, policies).
- Create reusable wireframes for each type of information and use them to drive content discovery.
- Engage a team of top performers to brainstorm, prioritize, and contribute to content development.
- Involve leadership and stakeholders at strategic decision points in review cycles.
- Use a test and learn approach with a small set of playbook users to validate that your content is digestible and actionable.
- Make your playbook available from a central location for print and online viewing using a variety of device types.
- Provide links to information resources that support best practices (for example, checklists, policies, training videos).
- Establish a cadence to deliver fresh content that is relevant and reliable.
Reach out to learn how Optia can help grow your business.